As a lead buyer, you join us in Østbirk, Denmark, to focus on the category wood, including wood laminates, finger-jointed wood components, sawn timber and the FSC and PEFC chain of custody certification. Overall, you assume end-to-end responsibility for a portfolio of our suppliers, including our communication with them and our commercial and strategic agenda.
More specifically, you help us minimise our purchasing and production costs, while you ensure that development projects are accomplished in terms of time, price and quality. Thus, you enable good business solutions for the VELUX Group as you:
- Travel 30-40 days a year to visit our factories and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors across Europe
- Help develop our overall purchasing strategy focusing especially on the execution
- Execute RFI/RFQ processes and ensure correct purchasing master data in SAP
- Work with purchasing KPIs to enable supreme supplier performance and team results
- Collaborate with manufacturing units, Production Engineering, Technology and Product Development to optimise wood utilisation and develop our wood products