Procure goods and services as required to meet the nonproduct related (NPR), MRO purchases to meet the operating demands of the company. Coordinates with suppliers to deliver high quality conforming parts and services within agreed upon lead times. Calls vendors and carriers to expedite or push out material delivery based on Company requirements. A highly transactional role that requires the ability to review many lines of data as well as maintain focus on details. This position will report directly to the Strategic Purchasing Manager.
- Review and fulfill purchase requisitions by creating and maintaining Purchase Orders.
- Planning of purchases and scheduling of shipments of goods or services to meet the production and/or maintenance schedule of the manufacturing plant.
- Review and reschedule where necessary all open purchase orders.
- Expedite and coordinate raw materials and services as required via email and phone calls to vendors and/or carriers.
- Maintain computerized procurement records, purchase orders, costs, delivery, product quality, delivery performance and inventories.
- Participate in the budgeting process regarding NPR and expenses required for operations.
- Maintain and process feedback and comments for Late Report.
- Support special products requests as required.
- Determine dispensation of defective or unacceptable goods or services in conjunction with quality assurance personnel, material control specialist, users and vendors.
- Work to identify non-conformity and initiate corrective action requests.
- Maintain correspondence with vendors on defective materials via RMA.
- Interaction with company purchasing colleagues regarding strategic sourcing, projects and purchasing reporting.
- Maintain standards for materials and services, flag large variance in prices or delivery.
- Attend product group and production meetings as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Three to five years of experience in the purchasing field which may include procurement of direct raw material components and indirect consumables.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems, MRO, procurement, and Master Data set up is required. Preference will be given to SAP ERP System.
- Applied computer skills are a must.
- Must be able to read and interpret measuring tools, specifications and drawings.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to multitask, primarily in the development of long term contracts and blanket orders.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Requires high ethics and professionalism as well as the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and with employees from many areas in production, product engineering and with other departments within the organization.
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position.
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company. Some of these include:
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- On-site Health Clinic
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care Plan
- Prescription Drug Card Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Cancer Protection Plan
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Vacation Day Program
- Sick Day Program
- Performance Incentive Program
- Service Recognition Program
- And Much More
Equal Opportunity Employer
VELUX is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. To further our goal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees, it is the policy of VELUX to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity and only job-related qualifications will be required.
VELUX uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.